Computer Reset

Does anyone have the link or instructions for reseting the computer on
the bikes to clear fault codes?  Can you read the codes?

How about that throttle reset where you twist the throttle three times?
  Does it work?

I have just worked on a '02 RT with a friend.  The only way we could
stop the surge was to pull the cat code plug.  Then after 8 miles of
smooth riding, the surge came back like turning on a light switch.  I
suspect a fault code is being set and would like to clear the codes and
to a full reset on the computer.

Any advise?

Bob Hadden '98RS, '62R27