Re: BMW rental in Maui?

 > Sorry can't help you on the rental. But you _can_ drive around the
 > island even though the rental contract says that you can't do that...

But be warned that while the roads are in good condition they are
only one lane wide.  Not one and a half.... one.  Probably not a big deal
on a bike, but in a car you'd better be comfortable driving in reverse.
Last time I went around Maui I had to do about 1/4 - 1/2 mile in reverse
to the nearest place where the road was wide enought for two cars to pass.

 > ps. If you get any pointers privately please share them as I'm
 > propably going there again next january. (If my boss lets me to go
 > again, business trip offcourse.)... :D

The only bikes I saw for rent were Harleys.   Most of the bikes I saw
on the roads were Harleys.

// marc