Re: Foamy oil

My guess is that you overfilled the oil to the point where the level was above the bottom of the crank (or is the 1100 a dry-sump motor?).  In this case the crank will beat air into the oil.  (This is bad because the air bubbles "explode" when clearances decrease, say in a bearing, and evacuate the oil from the immediate vicinity.)

I doubt you did any lasting damage, but it just goes to show how careful you need to be with oil levels on these motors.

- --John Kokola