Eureka Springs Weekend - Final Update

Presidents,

There's new news, so read carefully.

This week!  Join us in Eureka Springs, Arkansas for the weekend of
September 24th, 25th and 26th.

This will be the fifth year for this gathering at the Swiss Holiday
Resort to celebrate the wedding anniversary of Bette and Rob Lessen and
the birthdays of Bette Lessen, Robert Munday and Ken Roggenkamp... and
just to have a great time in the Arkansas mountains.  We are meeting at
the traditional "motorcycle friendly" motel, the Swiss Holiday Resort...
make your reservations at 888/582-2220.  To get the lower group rate,
tell the clerk that you are with the BMW group and Rob Lessen.

For Friday dinner, Roscoe (Roscoe's Music And Internet Espresso Bar,
Eureka Springs) will escort us to his favorite local Mexican restaurant.
 We will leave for the restaurant at 7pm.

For Saturday, the highways of interest for the weekend are AR21 and AR23.
 After a morning of riding south, we will stop for lunch at Rivertowne
BBQ in Ozark... along the "Pig Trail".  The town of Ozark is having a
festival which features a car show, motorcycle show and a BBQ cookoff.
Rivertowne, one of the cookoff participants, has plenty of seating for
our group.  Check out Rivertowne at www.RivertowneBBQ.com .  More
Arkansas twisty state roads will take us back to home base for dinner.
We plan a full day of riding and dining.  Plus, the weekend features door
prizes and Bette Lessen's cookies.

If you are joining us for the Saturday ride and are not lodging locally
in Eureka Springs, we plan to leave the Swiss Holiday (N36 23.277  W93
44.069) at 9am sharp.  Arrive with full tanks and empty bladders.  Our
route will take us south on AR23 to Huntsville, then east on AR74 to pick
up AR23 south.  If you are joining us separately for lunch in Ozark at
Rivertowne BBQ, the address is 205 South 3rd Street.  We expect to arrive
at Rivertowne BBQ at Noon.

The BMW Motorcycle Owners Of Alabama, as part of the annual Rocket City
Rally, will be raffling a 2005 BMW 1150 Roadster (non-ABS).  This may be
your last chance to get one before the Roadster is replaced by the
surely-to-be-more-expensive K1200R.  Tickets are $5.00 and I will have
them available in Eureka Springs.  Ticket purchasers need
not be present to win.

Planning to attend as of 9/21/2004, including six Plateholders:

Jim Aiken    Norman, OK
John Ashton    Kansas City, MO
Robert Atkinson    Racine, WI
Eric Barnes    Austin, TX
Cindy Barta    Winfield, IL
Hank Barta    Winfield, IL
Tom Bennington    Camden, AR
Yolanda Bennington    Camden, AR
John Blatz    Cambridge, MD
Matt Brandt    Austin, TX
Jim Breed    Overland Park, KS
Brian Burdette    Pleasant Hill, MO
Karen Burdette    Pleasant Hill, MO    IBMWR Plateholder
Patricia Cullen    Shawnee, KS
Earle Davidson    Memphis, TN
Frank Glamser    Hattiesburg, MS    IBMWR Plateholder
Judy Hale    Sherwood, AR
Morris Hale    Sherwood, AR
Pete `C` Hawk    Wichita, KS
Bette Lessen    Arma, KS
Rob Lessen    Arma, KS    IBMWR Plateholder
Kenny Meyer    Dallas, TX
Susan Meyer    Dallas, TX
Diane Morrow    Union, MO
Jim Morrow    Union, MO
Robert Munday    Indianapolis, IN    IBMWR Plateholder (AL)
Dennis Murphy    Third Lake, IL
Roscoe    Eureka Springs, AR    Owner, Roscoe's Music
Harv Read    Union Grove, WI
Tom Regnier    Minnetonka Beach, MN
Ken Roggenkamp    Raytown, MO
Cathy Rose    Mabelvale, AR
PJ Rose    Mabelvale, AR
Joe Skaggs    Rogers, AR    IBMWR Plateholder
Blake Smith    Nashville, TN
David E.B. Smith    Chicago, IL    IBMWR Plateholder
Cary Stotland    Austin, TX
Greg Stuever    Wichita, KS
Doug Thomas    Austin, TX
Greg Tosto    Tulsa, OK
Karen Vance    Kansas City, MO
George Wacaser    Kansas City, MO
Jan Walker    Longmont, CO
Stan Walker    Longmont, CO

See you in Eureka Springs.

Robert Munday...   Montgomery, AL    `98 R11CHP    `95 R1100RSL
ABC #3783    Village Idiot    Rolling Broccoli Rider    BOOF #131
Oilhead #1561    Nebraska Nightrider    Big Sioux Rider
Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation    Keeper Of The List    *Iron Bunny*

On assignment in Indianapolis, IN... home of the Baltimore Colts

Get your name as your email address.