Re: Grease on Front axle

In a message dated 10/18/04 11:10:10 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
vsharris@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
<<While washing my R1100R I  noticed a film of dusty grease on the axle, where
the stepped part of the  axle fits against the wheel. Any ideas? Anybody  been
there?>>

This is pretty normal. The axle  should be greased every time it is inserted
into the wheel, and the bearings may  allow a little greasy vapor to escape.
Wash the area carefully, avoid forcing  water or solvent spray into the wheel
bearing seals or spacer area.

Tom  Cutter