Re: ABS

In a message dated 11/10/2004 1:53:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, Chuck Gilmore <chujane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

  However, after the fill-up, the ABS clicked in again
>and I rode home with the lights off.
>
>Anyone have an explanation for that phenomenon?

Chuck,
I noticed you have a GS.  they have a special feature of allowing the ABS to be switched off.  The other bikes don't  have this feature.   With the lights staying on after the ignition was even turned off, it sounds like perhaps a relay was latched in or sticking.  I know my right turnsignal will stay on with the ignition off, if it was on when I turned the bike off, but the left one won't go figure!.

The ABs not kicking in was most likely due to low battery voltage.  What is the condion of your battery?  I got rid of a gel battery that would start the bike just fine, but would not trip the ABs to save its sole, even after riding a hour it wouldn't trip the abs properly.

On another note... You were putting the bike up for the winter?  how sad,  In florida we are just now beginging to have a great riding season.   With a few electrics we ride year around and enjoy it more in the winter.  WE need someone to invent electrics that keep you cool in the summer now.

paige