Re: Tires for R1150RT

Alan Schlageter wrote:

>I'm going to start looking for new tires for my 2004
>R1150RT.
>
>Is there a list archive or web page where I can find
>information on tires?
>
>Most of my riding is done on straight roads and
>highways -- Rarely on tight turns -- if I do ride on
>tight turns, I'm not too aggressive.
>
>Any recommendations for tires. What tires last longer
>---  what tires handle the best and what are the
>compromises? I have Dunlop Sportmax Touring on now.
>Any bad combinations of replacement tires with them if
>I decide not to replace them both at the same time?
>
>Thanks,

I think you have 17" wheels, don't you? I was happy with either the
Bridgestone BT020s or the Michelin Macadam 100Xs.

BTW, if anyone is interested, I have a Michelin 100X rear in 160/60x18
that is brand new, never been mounted or anything that is for sale. It
was intended for my R1100RS, but I sold that and it doesn't fit my new
GS. Ping me off list if you are interested. I'm thinking about 2/3 of
mailorder prices and will meet anyone in the greater Boston area.

- --
Bob
     Eventual Master of the Obvious
  R1200GS CB750F DoD EMOTO BMWMOA SOHC4
Proud walking jingle in the midnight sun