Re: Basic wiring question

I just wired a cigerette style adapter behind the left speaker hole ( I have no radio)  and plugged in the gps end into that.  That way I can plug in other things if I need to into the same outlet.Such as my cell phone charger when I'm away from home more that 3 days.

I ran this directly from the battery so I can leave the GPS with the bike not running.   I fused the new outlet, but remember the gps plug has its own very low amperage fuse ( 1 amp I think) so it is protected anyway.
I have forgotten to turn the gps for a week at a time with no ill effects on the battery, it takes very little current.

I have seen the end cut off the gps adapter and wired but you need to know which wire is + before you do that, and it also ruins it for any other use.  It does tell you this in the book incase you forgot to check before you cut the plug.

Paige