Tires for R1150RT

I'm going to start looking for new tires for my 2004
R1150RT.

Is there a list archive or web page where I can find
information on tires?

Hi Alan,

I hesitate to enter a religious discussion like this, but I must
disagree with Tom and Jim. My experience with BT020s is poor. I corded a
rear tire in less than 6,000 miles, and the front tire cupped very
badly. BTW, I don't think cupping is just cosmetic. I belive that
braking isn't as effective on cupped tires. I don't have DATA, but I do
believe I have observed it. I had similarly poor results with a previous
set of 020s, but thought it was a fluke. Two sets gave roughly the same
results. Maybe the roads in California are rougher? <shrug>
I also don't like the way the 020s handle, either in a straight line
where the front seems to wander slightly in rain grooves, or on slow
corners with rough surfaces where I have twice slid the front tire.
As Tom pointed out, one of the worst choices is the Dunlop 220. I'd have
to rant to describe how I feel about those.
I am currently riding Z6s. I have 3,000 miles on this set and so far am
happier with them than any other tire I've tried. I haven't ridden them
in the rain yet.
Here's a site that contains lots of good information:
http://www.conary.org/bmwtire/

Cheers,

Bob
Thousand Oaks, CA