From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Robert Silas
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2004 1:17 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Basic wiring question

Dean,
Which model is your GPS??
I am using a StreetPilot 2610 and it is wired directly to the battery with
an inline fuse. Purposely, I did not go through the ignition switch because
I don't want to keep the bike running or just the ignition be turned on
while I am trying to find an address.  The 2610 has no battery, so charging
is not a problem. BTW there is nothing wrong to use the BMW socket via a
cigarette lighter adaptor, I charge my cell phone and use any other 12 V
gadget that way. I also installed two extra BMW sockets on the dash of my
'94 RS.
Bob Silas