Re: Losing a Dealer

On Dec 15, 2004, at 8:50 AM, Don MacQueen wrote:

> BMW motorcycle sales are off worldwide this year, and off by an even
> greater percentage in the US.  Even with the arrival of the R1200GS,
> and the updated K1200LT the rest of the existing, relatively stale
> product lineup can't make headway in a relatively soft economy, with
> both new offerings from competitors and the announcement of new *BMW*
> models turning the current models into lame ducks.  Factor in that BMW
> offered very little in buyer incentives this year compared to years
> past, and even the good dealers found themselves squeezed mightily.

Hello Don,

And how much is the K1200S going to help in boosting sales? It is only
one model of bike and you can get similar performance from other
manufacturers for less money. I know that will not deter the BMW
faithful, but I doubt their numbers are enough to make a significant
difference.

Robert

04 Yamaha FZ6
http://moto.cv4.org