  From: Rtb@xxxxxxx
  To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 1:56 PM
  Subject: Re: R1100S hard bags

  Wally,

  I ride an R1100S   (age 62) and yes, the system cases are pretty wide!
  There are city lids that are narrrower than the standard system case lids.   It is
  my understanding that these lids can be substituted for the wider system case
  lids.   I have not made the modification to my bike, so I can't give you
  first hand knowledge.   I'm sure others will be able to help.   You'd be able to
  use the OEM brackets and the locks keyed to the bike key.

  Hope this helps.

  Ron Baroody