Re: New Bikes

Tom, I think the new GS feels more together, as you indicated, because
of lower center of gravity.  I have been wondering if I made the right
decision about getting the GS rather than waiting for the ST.  But,
looking at the pictures, I figure the GS looks at least as good as
either the new RT or ST.  Everyone I've talked to who has seen these
bikes in person says they look much better in the flesh.  We'll all
know in April, when dealers will have product to show us.

For sure, the new 1200 motor is nice.  I wouldn't put any worry about
the 110 hp on the ST/RT vs the 100 on the GS.  This is simply a tuning
for extra top end power that we don't need anyway.

I find the GS to be a bit taller than my 1100RS was, but it's certainly
workable.  It takes a couple of hours to get used to.  But, the seat is
now at Rocky Mayer's getting made into something you can actually sit
on.  Will see how that affects the height issue.

I'm going crazy with this snow!  Just got another foot this week.  I
can't get the bike out of the basement until the snow is gone and the
mud is either frozen or dried out.  As soon as that happens, I'm ready
to jump on and find out what this new GS is really all about.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27