Re: New Bikes

In a message dated 3/10/2005 1:18:47 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kbhadden@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I find the GS to be a bit taller than my 1100RS was, but it's certainly
workable.  It takes a couple of hours to get used to.  But, the seat is
now at Rocky Mayer's getting made into something you can actually sit
on.  Will see how that affects the height issue.
Bob,
FWIW, I have lowered my last two GSs (1100 & 1150) by installing shocks that
have 1" shorter shafts. For my 5'8" height and 30" inseam, this has been the
most significant modification that makes this model "mine". BTW, both bikes
have had a Rocky Mayer seat, the same one which was custom made due to my being
able to do a day trip to the "factory".
When I had the opportunity to ride a R1200GS for four days for a mixture of
asphalt and dirt, I did not find the ride height to be as negative an issue as
on the aforementioned models. I'm not sure why this was, but I am hoping that
when I trade my 1150 in for a 1200 in about 2 years, I may be able to get away
with not having to install shorter shocks to enable the bike to fit me. Of
course, I will still be installing an aftermarket seat, but that is just a given.
Gary Prickett
Mission Viejo, CA