Spark plug advice

A local knowledgeable R1100S owner has recommended using Bosch FR7LDC which
matches NGK BKR6EK.

The NGK plug nomenclature is: 14 mm thread but narrow hex (16 mm), resistor,
coolish, rather long reach into cylinder (19 mm) and 2 electrodes.

My own poor sense is that The Factory wanted a long-lasting plug and so
wanted to experiment with multi-electrodes which have no other benefit and,
as I understand these things, have no or negative consequences for
combustion (Kent, are you there?). Maybe that's why a plain vanilla Autolite
works better.

By contrast, my poor sense is that a fine-wire electrode (which necessarily
means precious metal types) can slightly facilitate combustion by allowing
better flow and swirl around the spark. I suppose Oilhead dual-plugging
helps because of poorish combustion.

Well, now that I have an idea of the geometry, I'm thinking of looking for
the fine-wire Iridium single-electrode, BKR6EIX-8 (that's a fine-wire
Iridium with a .8mm (.032") gap).

Hoping no flame wars ensue, but I'd like to hear reactions. Thanks.

Ben