Re: Spark plug advice

One thing I find odd about these bikes is the drive shaft install.  As
you know,  with two U-joints in the shaft, the uneven shaft pulsing of
one U-joint cancels out the other.  This is dependent on the two joints
being in line with each other on the splines.  When the drive shaft is
assembled, there is no keying system to insure proper U-joint phasing.
I would have thought they would put a key, or one offset spline to
insure proper phasing.  If you get a drive line vibration, this is one
place to look for it.  The two U-joints should line up with each other.

Tom.  Are you saying your shaft was not properly assembled from the
factory?

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27