RE: Suspension Dampers

Bob,
Well 160k.km may be pushing it but I think mine may get there too :)   My
M-B car is at 198k.km with OEM dampers still in place - no leaks but when
loaded I can feel a bit of floating at the rear...

re Tyre Wear: Never been on a "track" but where I stay and the roads I ride
on are either going up hills or down mountains and thus I have to really
rack my (remaining) brains to think of a stretch of back road that is
straight for more than 500 meters.   This area is a popular Sunday
"playground" for local riders as well as bike clubs and groups from Durban
(about 3/4 hour down the road from here).   Truth be told we are rather
spoilt for choice here when I read of some US riders having to ride HOURS to
get to the twisties!

Even the 2/3 lane roads (which I shun unless forced to use them) actually
have some "challenging" bends.   Last Sunday I needed to hurry back after a
run and used the "freeway" at pace and was surprised to see the lines of
worn (or torn) rubber up to the edge - musta been going faster than I
thought :|

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa