Brake bleeder?

On my left front brake caliper (1999 R1100S, non-ABS) is an ordinary
looking bleeder nipple and rubber cap.

But on my right caliper in the corresponding spot is a 1 inch long
plastic cylinder about 7/16 in diameter. On the end of that cylinder
(with the head sort of facing the gas tank) is  a small  phllips-head
screw oriented down into the caliper, like into the hole where the
bleeder hole would be, through the center of the cylinder.

What is this little cylinder? Is it used for bleeding the brakes
somehow?

BTW, both Spiegler (direct) and Galfer (through dealers) provide very
appealing  after-market SS brake lines. Galfer has more threads in the
sheathe and so is more supple but Spiegler is thinner which I rather
like. There is also HEL but I don't know much about them. And there are
lots of other sources depending on how fussy you are for color, size of
hose, pressure or crimp fittings, price, etc. Besides doing the simple
and non-critical length determination and eyeballing the banjo angle,
all you need to know is that BMW/Magura/Brembo tend to use "10-1"
fittings. In a pinch, almost any hydraulics store can fix you up.

Ben
Toronto