Re: Burning Oil

>Eventually, your consumption will come down dramatically, if it's at all like
>the 1100s and 1150s.  I see no reason for that not to be.   The real change
>comes somewhere above 10K miles.  It will, of course, depend on how hard you
>ride it.

I am just about to hit 15K and mine has finally appeared to drop off.
I rode very conservative during the break-in, which is probably why it
took so long.  Just in time to start thinking about a new bike!  This
one ain't going to get pampered as much.  I need to get those rings to
seat sooner.

>I refuse to run the bike with the level at the top of the glass out of
>principal.   I don't want windage and wet airbox syndrome.  Even if BMW has
>"fixed" this issue, which I haven't heard about, I still have my pride.

Middle of the glass in my "full" point as well

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.jtan.com/~wayne
Chalfont, PA
2000 BMW R1100R (2ZARS)