Re: 2001 1100R power loss

On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:01:45 -0600, you wrote:

>I have a recently acquired 2001 R1100R which has twice experienced a
>total power loss, even the powerlet outlet.  Both time I was stopped
>with the engine ogg, and both times the power eventually came back while
>I fiddled with the stands, etc.
>
>Any explanation and/or way to fix it?

Total power loss?  Everything was gone?

If so, it would need to originate at the battery or one of the major
cables coming from it.  Have you pulled the battery and looked at the
terminals? If they look OK, than I'd start with the ground cable
first, then the positive cable.  Check the termination points of those
cables.

Wayne Woodruff
http://www.jtan.com/~wayne