From: owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-oilheads@xxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Toby Berk
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 9:28 AM
To: oilheads@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: mounting head protectors on R1100

I bought a used set of head protectors on ebay for my R1100R and they came
without hardware or instructions.  They are the BMW plastic type that go
over the bottom of the valve covers.

It seems obvious and I have gotten the allen bolts I need, but I have one
question.

The guard mount at 3 points:  one of the bolts that holds the cam sprocket
cover on, an unused (on my bike) threaded hole below the cylinder, and an
allen bolt that goes into the head just outside the exhaust header.

It is the last one that I'm asking about.  What does it do?  Can I unscrew
it, mount the head guard, and retighten it without anything coming loose
inside?  I can't find it on the on-line parts fiche or the diagrams in the
CD service manual.

TIA

Toby
- --
- --
'76 R60/6, '87 R80, '01 R1100R.  Wife's '78 R80/7 and
2001 Triumph