Spark Plugs

The other favorite for Oilheads is Bosch 4418.   My 1100 and 1150 both ran
considerably smoother after installing them.

Cold starts suffer a tiny bit, I think because the temperature of the 4418 is
about half a heat colder than stock, but they're terrific otherwise and great
for long trips, slugging in traffic in the heat etc.   About $5 at NAPA.

They are the 4 conductor platinum plugs used on a lot of German cars.   Unlike
the Autolights, they're not any closer to the piston than stock plugs.

Remember, the late Bob Lenconi eventually fried pistons at a bit less than
100K on his RS after all his engine mods.  He used Autolights but also
advanced his timing and used mid grade gas almost exclusively.   I think his
problems were caused by the combination of all these things.

- -TB