Tank Fit

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 09:41:33 -0400
"John Dancoe" wrote

1. It's very difficult to re-install the gas tank after removal. The problem
is getting worse over time. I have to use leverage using the seat mounts as
fulcrum, and an excessive amount of force to push the tank forward far
enough
to line up the tank mounting hole with the holes in the frame tabs.

John, the only minor advice I can render is to possibly lube your front tank
mounts. On my '94 R11RS, I had a hard time getting the tank forward enough
to insert the rear mount bolt until I gave the front rubber mounts a squirt
of silicone. HTH

Conrad Long
'94 R11RSA
Fraser, CO USA