Re: BMW brakes in the news

I have a R1100S with ABS. After a motorcycle safety course I took a few weeks ago, I am even more convincened ABS is well worth it. We had to practice HARD stops. Yes, it chattered both front and rear. Most others were locking up the rear wheel, some the front. The ABS allowed me the fasted speeds thru the trap, and some very short stoping distances. It will also do "stoppies". I don't use the ABS every time I stop. It would make for some pretty brutal stops.

After the class, the instructor came up to me and said that he was impresses with the ABS, and would pay the extra on his next bike, if available, just for the extra safety margin.

The top 3% of riders may not need ABS. I'm not in that group.When I need ABS, I am happy to have it.

- -Rene
02 R1100S