Re: Disabling self-cancelling turn signals

Hello,

Soren S. Jorvang <soren@xxxxxxxx>:

> Is there an easy (as in reversible) way to disable the
> self-cancelling turn signal "feature" of the R1100S?

I got into the habit of repeatedly hitting the turn signal every several
seconds, and then manually canceling. From personal observations, it seems to
turn off sooner than I want when I am slowing down or stopped, but stays on
longer than I want at highway lane-change speeds. The self-canceling feature
is a great solution to only one problem: grandpa turning on the signal and
forgetting it.

I too will be watching this list for the answer to your question :-)

Be happy you don't drive a current generation 7 series -- Once you engage the
turn signal, you can't turn it off. The computer will determine when it's
appropriate to time-out the turn signal.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada