  From: Steve Makohin
  To: Internet BMW Riders Club ; Oilheads List
  Sent: Saturday, August 06, 2005 12:08 PM
  Subject: New Garmin City Navigator v7 available

  Hello Folks,

  Garmin has just released version 7 of City Navigator North America data and
  software for Garmin GPSes. Details below, as per Garmin's notice. If anyone
  gets this, and can provide a more detailed report on the enhancements to
  Canadian data (a particular sore point, thanks to Her Majesty's historic
  lack of aggressive activity in this area), please post to the list.

  -Steve Makohin
   '01 R1100S/ABS
   Oakville, Ontario, Canada

  As per Garmin:

  In a continuing effort to provide our customers with complete and accurate
  automotive navigation mapping, Garmin is pleased to announce an update to
  MapSource City Navigator North America v7 DVD.

  Features of MapSource City Navigator North America v7 DVD include:

  *** Updated map detail, as provided by our data supplier NAVTEQ, for
  freeways,
  interstates, national and state highways, local, county and residential
  roads
  for the entire U.S. Canada and Puerto Rico.
  *** Now with verified data for Alaska.
  *** Premium detailed maps throughout the U.S.
  *** Turn restrictions, speed categories, roundabout guidance and other
  navigation features
  *** Nearly 6 million updated points of interest - including food and drink,
  lodging, entertainment and more
  *** Will automatically create point-to-point routes on the PC and compatible
  Garmin units.

  To view this map data online, please visit the following link:
  http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/citynav.jsp