RE: 5600 miles on an R1200RT

Tom,

Great report!  Thanks for taking the time to write that up. My Goldwing
buddy will love it too.

I too removed the rubber thingy out. On a tip from another rider, I
effortlessly pulled it out needle nose pliers.

In terms of gas range, here's my actual gas log for *estimated range* from 0
miles to 6700 miles on my GS. This is only about 20% highway riding. By
estimated range I imply that I did fill up before this point but if I were
to run until 5.0 gals are gone, this is what I'd have gotten. I used 5.0 as
my number because I've managed to put up to 5.3 gallons in the bike 3
different occasions. In all 3 of those cases the countdown timer was above
10mi left. The average of the below list is 202mi per tank.

Cheers,
 Seattle Dan

PS: The 154mi entry is not an error... it's a track day <grin>

 178.75
 187.50
 195.41
 185.91