RE: A look inside BMW, quality, customers, etc (was "Don't buy a new model BMW")

Coincidentally, Consumer Reports magazine did a story called first year
blues.  The worst manufactirer on the list was, you guessed it, BMW
automotive.  They claim 79 problems per 100 vehicles in the first year, 64
in the second year, and 34 in the third year.  This was almost double than
the average for all new model combined.
Tony
97 R1100RS