Re: Lets get back to oilheads... throttle body question

Great pictures and instructions on how to make the water gauge. Thanks.

I've have good luck with the TwinMax...
http://members.macconnect.com/users/k/karl/bmwtwinmax.html

It's probably a bit easier to take on an extended trip than a water
guage, although I suspect you could do a portable version with out a
mounting board.

My '94 R1100RS too had the problem of one side, the right hand side,
needing less air from the bleed screw. It turned out to be a worn
throttle body shaft. Here's a good page (not mine) about the throttle
bodies and includes pictures of what a worn TB shaft looks like...
http://www.largiader.com/tech/tb/

I ended up replacing the TBs with used ones, but the page mentions
replacement shafts and plates are available from Bing. They provide a
chart with part numbers for the various models.

I've read you can test it by covering the bushing with grease. I did
it and noticed an instant improvement. In fact, I used that as a
temporary fix until I was able to find the used TBs.

Good luck with it.

Karl