New Guy

New (2001) R1100 RT-P for me!  While lurking on the list I discovered the
phenomenon of "floating" brake disc pads.  I noticed myself when moving from a
dead stop after firm application of brakes that there seemed to be a kuh-link
as if the sidestand was retracting which it was not.  I noticed a guy in the
parking lot one day after breakfast walking around jiggling the discs on all
the oilheads and asked him what he was doing.  Evidently he was concerned
about the same thing but at the time I did not associate it with my "rattle".
Any thought?  Is there a "fix" Do you just ignore it?  Thanks in advance for
any response.