Wrist rest

I just received my brand new in the box wrist rest from Bob's BMW
in Jessup Maryland.  While searching the internet, I've come across
some bad reviews of the device.  It seems most of the complaints were from
K bike users.  I have a R1100RT and wondered if anyone else has had a bad
experience with the device or Bob's service.  Personally, I've bought a few
things from Bob and have no complaints but thought I'd ask around before I
installed
the wrist rest.  He will take it back if it has NOT been installed.
Thanks in advance.
Fritz in Owosso