RE: Tip for making your fuel level sensor last longer

Steve,
Thanks for the heads up...

I would have thought that the sensor tube which is sealed with an O-ring
would be fairly corrosion proof unless the fuel itself introduces the
moisture which then condenses on exposed metal - as you point out.

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
'96 R850R ~79k.km
'01 R1100RT ~60k.km

> Hello all,
>
> I thought I'd pass a tip to you on how to slow down the deterioration of
> your fuel level sensor, as learned from unfortunate experience:
>
> Short Version:
> Don't leave your bike with low fuel in the tank frequently, or
> for extended
> periods of time.
<cut>
Long Version