Re: clutch

Rob,  This early riser suggests that you put the bike on the center
stand asap for some work.  The weeping sight glass can turn to instant
trouble.  They can blow out and spew oil around, leaving the engine
dry.  So get a new seal and install with a bit of cement.  The old seal
comes out by drilling a small hole for a sheet metal screw, and then
pulling it out.

Slipping clutch.  Do you have cable or hydraulic lever on a 2000?  If
cable, you want to confirm free play at the back of the trans where the
actuating lever is.  You can look for oil leakage at the timing rubber
plug, or perhaps by pulling the starter.

You also need to have a look in the air box and make sure everything is
in order.  No oil accumulation, filter good etc.

Let us know how it works out.

Bob Hadden '05R12GS, '62R27