Re: Autolite 3923 washer

In a message dated 11/9/05 12:04:42 PM Eastern  Standard Time,
DanWeb@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Thanks Tom but one follow on Q --

If say one were to have listened to an internet expert / internet  'mech
bible' should one be in a rush to remove said anti-seize from their  spark
plugs? Tightening would have been done with a torque wrench and so the  core
issue per your below comments would be the temp range change.

Not  that I know anyone would did do this :)  >>

Of course it was your friend Ernie.

I would clean off  whatever Anti-Seize that I could easily wipe off, and
reduce the torque setting  on the NEW replacement plugs by 30%. The old plugs have
now been overtorqued*,  so the seal between ceramic core and steel shell is
compromised.

*When you lubricate a thread, the actual  thread clamping force will increase
at the same torque wrench setting, so you  must compensate for the lubed
thread by redcing the torque  setting.

Tom Cutter
Yardley,  PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com