Re: RID on '94 RS

Gary,

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 18:35:34 -0500 "Gary Bechtold"
<tyrohustler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
<<<  You may indeed already have BOTH the neutral switch and gear
position sensor installed on your tranny, so that EVERTHING you need
(except that RID itself and the fairing panel) is on the bike ready to
begin working with the RID.  My '94 RS is an early Beta bike, as I
believe yours is also.  My bike had everything necessary to install the
RID except the actual display unit and the right interior fairing panel
with the display cutout.   >>>

My 1995 RSL came without the RID.  Neither PO had installed it and I
didn't check to see if it was there... I just assumed that the RS had the
RID as standard equipment.  Every RS I had ever seen had one.  I picked
up my new-to-me RS at night and was puzzled when the display didn't
light.

I bought the RID and fairing panel and installed them myself about a
month later when the parts arrived.

Robert Munday...   Montgomery, AL    `98 R11CHP    `95 R1100RSL
Village Idiot    Rolling Broccoli Rider    BOOF #131    SR#2
Nebraska Nightriders    Big Sioux Riders    Indy BMW Club
Beemer Hill Riders    EC Riders    Trustee, BMWMOA Foundation
Keeper Of The List    *Iron Bunny*

on assignment in Dayton, OH