story... not a big fan).

I'd ALWAYS recommend ABS (and linked brakes) to any friend looking to buy a
bike that is not going to use it for racing / canyon carving 80% of the
time. On a GS type bike used off road, partially linked brakes would be
suggested.

2) Yesterday's comment was about the difference between Honda VFR ABS vs BMW
ABS. For this I didn't want to say which would stop me faster in absolute
terms.

#2 is not a subjective measurement whereas my commentary about #1 is -- I
feel safer with VFR ABS.

This said, I'd **believe** (read as 'guess' based on my observations) that
in:
  A staged test with pros: BMW would win
	Because it's more aggressive.

  An every day 'hone your skills' test braking: VFR would win
	Because as the driver I'm more likely to give it a fist full

  A true pucker moment -- Toss up / not sure
	Because I'm beginning to feel that after every day riding of
	the GS that I'd NOT give it a fist full but rather gradually apply
 	the brakes. It has trained me to be more cautious. This would
	cost me precious stopping distance. Another side of me says
	that in a true pucker moment, I would grab a fist full
	without any hesitation.

So them be my thoughts. Clearly, everyone will feel differently about
this... just like tires... but this is how I feel about the bike I own and
my skill / habits.