Re: How to make your EVO (powered) brakes less grabby (was "Re: ABS:)

Hello Skipper,

From: "Robert Brown" <sk.brown@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> The point I was trying to make is that maybe you are an exception - human
> nature will have most people braking the same way ALL the time.  Whatever
> technique you use commuting, traveling, etc is what you will use in the
> "panic" situation...
[...]

I have no data to support or to refute your assertion, but I must be an
exception. Since I received performance training, I use two fingers to
brake. Yet every time I have been surprised and had to grab and handful of
brake, I use four fingers. I speculate that my "instinct" is to grab the
brake lever with full force, while my consciously "decided action" in a
non-emergency braking situation is to use two fingers.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada