Re: Rotor compatability question

In a message dated 11/15/05 7:03:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
r11rider@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>I have a '94 R1100RS ABS with a rear rotor  that is most definitely warped.
I don't notice it much when first applying the  rear brake at higher speeds,
but the slower I go, the more pulsing I feel. It's  time for a replacement.

>I might assume that the rotor remained  the same for all years, but I
suppose that's not even a sure bet. Are there  rotors from other models that will
retrofit the '94 RS? >>

The  rotor part number is 34 51 2 332 581 The BMW parts CD lists the same
part number  for:
R1100RS
K1200GT
K1200RS
K1100LT
K1100RS.

I would  strongly recommend that you get a NEW rotor. They are $294.00 at BMW
list price.  There are 18 available in the USA at this time.

Be sure to replace the pads at the same time. I do NOT recommend any
aftermarket pads for the rear brake, as I find that they seem to wear the rotor  more
rapidly than the OEM pads.

Tom Cutter
Yardley,  PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com