Re: 2004 R1100S Fuses

 > I've been on BMW lists since 98 and don't remember hearing of a harness
 > melt-down that wasn't caused by overload.

A friends R1150RS had a harness melt down that was not due to overload.
Best guess is that vibration caused insulation to wear and eventually
short to ground, taking out a central chunk of the harness.

The bike in question had been crashed once (track day low side).  It
is unknown if the crash and or subsequent repairs were a contributing
factor.

// marc