New oilhead owner

Hello everyone.

Long story extremely short:  20+ years of 100+ mi/week bicycle riding
got to be a little much, so last spring I bought an '83 R80 and LOVED
it once I was finally able to ride it after its restoration.
Unfortunately that ride was less than two months' in duration, but
fortunately nearly 4,000 miles in length.

Then someone cut me off, I t-boned their trunk, wrecked my bike.  I
was fine, the driver took off and wasn't found.

Now four months later, I have a 2001 R1100RS.  Red, with BMW hard
sidecases (with both narrow and wide lids) and topcase, BMW composite
valve protectors and Throttlemasters.  And a Gerbing heated jacket
liner:

http://cls.pyrrho.net/media/img/misc/r1100rs.jpg

Ho ho ho.  Merry [insert your holiday of choice]!

- --
Craig
http://cls.pyrrho.net