Re: Head Stud and Nut Torqueing`

Tom and all,  This is what I was referring to when I suggested that the
loose studs suggest to me there is a problem.  I'm concerned this guy
will put the head on and not be able to achieve torque before the studs
will pull out.  Not his fault maybe, but the PO.

I think as a minimum, he should be replacing the studs to assure they
are not the problem.  Maybe he needs to also helicoil all around.
Can't suggest that without looking at the bike though.

Bob Hadden - '05R12GS, '62R27