Thanks to those who responded about the Gel battery & Batter Tender

Hello all,

Thank you to all who responded regarding a gel battery and a conventional
Deltran Battery Tender Plus (non-gel program). My R1100S has the new battery
in it, and it appears to have cured all my "hard start" woes. The Tender
indicates a solid green light (fully charged). We'll see what happens.

In summary, based on replies I got online and off:

o A regular Battery Tender will work just fine on a gel battery, though
  it may not charge it to 100% (will only go as high as 95%)

o Gel batteries last pretty much the same as lead acid, and...
o Gel batteries die quicker than lead acid

o Gel batteries don't like higher temps, like 100'F+

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada