Re: Tires, forks, brakes, Oh my!

> Front tire is worn. It's a Battlax BT54. Advice on replacement? I'm mostly
> commuting these days and otherwise am not an aggressive a rider. Mileage
> counts.

I'm on an '97 1100R everyday/everywhere and I'm using Metzeler Roadtec
Z6. Due to the local geography (coastal plain) most of the roads are
relatively flat and straight (no tight twisties *sniff*, although a
recent trip to the twistiest road I've ever seen proved that they can
hang quite capably).

I'm satisfied with the mileage I'm getting off the tires. They have a
good mix of urban and highway miles on them. Front has 9000mi so far -
the profile hasn't squared up at all and I still have very adequate
tread left. I can't speak for the rear since it has been replaced twice
in the last 9000mi due to punctures I think I picked up in my garage.
Fwiw, I have no problems with them in the rain.

Mark