Re: The Low-Down on Bike ABS, Linked and EVO Brakes

Hello Ted,

From: "Ted Porter" <tporter@xxxxxxxxxx>

[...]
> I wanted to give you the heads up on one very minor error however.
>
> It is not accurate to say that EVO brakes are also known as "servo
> equipped"
> brakes, as you state in your writing. The latest generation servo assisted
> ABS system from BMW is not called EVO, it is known as Integral ABS, or
> I-ABS. Some 2002 and later EVO equipped models do not have ABS at all.
[...]

I agree with you that the most appropriate terminology for BMW's
servo-controlled (i.e., power-assisted) brakes is simply "servo-controlled
brakes", rather than referencing specific components (i.e., "EVO") that were
associated with the servo-controlled brakes on BMW bikes.

I will make those changes for future reference. Thanks.

- -Steve Makohin
 '01 R1100S/ABS
 Oakville, Ontario, Canada