RE: bad gas mileage

Bill, you wrote:
"BTW: What plugs did you use. The original Bosch are a poor choice and
the recommendations of the list are mostly anecdotal; BMW switched to
NGK and that is what I use. In fact, I have been using them since NGK
made them available since they were specifically designed for the R11
and R1150."
=======================
I only know of NGK plugs being specified for the R1100S bikes.   The switch
to NGK by BMW that you mention could be a BMWNA thing?

I am still merrily (and with no trouble) using Bosch.  They stay in till the
electrodes are worn to > 1mm, usually 35000km.

Just curious.

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg