Re: Front shock issues or tire issue, or somethinge else?

In a message dated 3/28/2007 12:55:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rugby14uwh@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Okay I'm thinking my front shock is dead but I could be very wrong
Bike is a 2002 R1150R with 54K miles on it.

Greg,
Considering that stock shocks last about 25K miles, and even quality
aftermarket units need rebuilding every 30K miles or so, you might want to think about
replacing the front shock. :-)
I realize that many of us drive our automobiles for many more miles without
ever thinking about replacing the shocks unless they are leaking fluid, but I
happen to consider motorcycle shocks a normal wear item, like brakes, clutches
and throttle cables, to name a few.
Oh boy! I have the feeling this opinion will ignite the fires of controversy.
Oh well. Let 'er rip! I'll be away from the computer for a few days, so
perhaps it will have cooled down by the time I return home.
BeemerGary