Fwd: Michelin tire recall FYI From Ted Porter

Michelin has announced a recall on the 120/70ZR17 front tire in Pilot Power
and Pilot Power 2CT. THESE ARE NOT AIRHEAD SIZE TIRES, however some of you
have other bikes so I thought I'd pass it on. The tires affected are "Made
in France" and have the follwong DOT codes:

DOT 6UCW980T PILOT POWER 2CT

DOT 6UCW979T PILOT POWER

These tire models with "Made in Spain" stamped on the sidewalls are not
affected. Only tires with the above DOT codes in the 120/70 ZR 17 size with
Made in France stamped on the sidewall are affected.

If you have one of these recall tires, a new tire will be provided and it
will be installed at no charge.

The recall notice does not give a reason for the recall other than there was
a "manufacturing irregularity".

The recall began June 28.

Can someone please forward this to the Oilhead and GS list if they have the
time.

Ted Porter
ABC #3008
Scotts Valley, Ca.