Re: New handlebars, and dead fuel pump

<<The strainer on the end of the pump has split open on one end. I found some bits of the strainer wire in the pump inlet. At this point, I am assuming the pump
injested the strainer and locked up. >>

I have seen lots of those strainers fail, taking out the pump. IO don't quite understand the logic of using a strainer that CAUSES pump failure, but I am not a German Wunder-kid engineer.

Sounds like you found the problem. I have never successfully cleaned out a jammed pump, but I don't try very hard, because most that I see are pretty whupped anyways.

Tom Cutter
Yardley, PA
http://www.RubberChickenRacingGarage.com

"Airheads Rule!" - me