RE: oilheads-digest V4 #188

Jerry,
As I understand it the speedo cable is similar to all the other cables on
these BMW bikes - no lubricating of any cable to be done.  Just the ferrule
at the end of the, for example, clutch cable where it has to accommodate
some rotational friction against the lever.

So, it can and does "hurt" to lube the speedo cable.  However a light lubing
of the bearing and gear surface of the white PTFE large gear with Vaselene
has worked well every time I change a tyre.

Regards
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa
R850R
R1100RT
===

"3) it doesn't hurt to lube the cable while you're in there

Jerry Holtz"