RE: fuel system-The nightmare continues

Hi Will,

No. there is no regulating device in the filter for the Oilheads.

I placed the filter outside the tank on my RT a couple of years back and
have never looked at the connections since...    Really, 3 Bars is fairly
high but its not an "uncontrollable" pressure!

A couple of thoughts:

You may have chosen the fuel hose a size too big, and if so it will leak.
Did you have to push on the hose with a little bit of "force" which would
have been correct? (5/16" or US-7.9mm is good)

The fuel pump incorporates an over pressure relief and I am not sure of the
"relief" pressure but it can't be more than say ~4 Bar (just a WAG).

Have you made sure that you have not "switched" the hoses where they go onto
the FP regulator or, worse, that a hose has become "kinked" where it takes a
sharp turn?

I avoided sharp turns in the hose by just lengthening the hose from the pump
back and up over the air filter area and that it where my filter is.  From
the filter output I loop the hose down and towards the front on the LH side
of the bike, through the space behind the alternator and then straight onto
the FPR.

Good luck

Regards
Clive Liddell